APL Hi-Fi DSD-S :
The DSD-S is based on a modular design, allowing a cost-effective future upgradability of any internal stage.
- Proprietary asynchronous USB input module accepting DSD64 and DSD128, as well as PCM rates up to 384kHz/32bit.
- Proprietary PCM to DSD converter module with DSD64 and DSD128 capabilities, user selectable.
- S/PDIF digital input module accepting up to 200kHz/24bit PCM.
- All PCM rates from USB and S/PDIF sources are processed to DSD domain, prior to D/A conversion.
- Pure DSD Digital to Analog conversion module.
- Paralleled Flagship DAC devices working in DSD only and a special mode we have developed, resulting in much improved audio quality.
- Ultra-low-jitter Master Clocks.
- Proprietary DTR input intended for connecting our digital audio transports.
- Extremely powerful, Pure Class A, unity-gain MOSFET output stage with very low output impedance.
- Unique H-Attenuator offering a lossless volume control with 0.5dB step, negating the need of a preamplifier, wherever possible.
- Passive DSD analog filtering and interstage coupling, featuring custom Lundahl audio transformers.
- Zero Negative Feedback design.
- No capacitors on the signal path.
- No Op Amps on the analog signal path.
- No mechanical contacts, relays or switches on the signal path.
- Solid core Oxygen Free Copper internal signal wiring.
- Oversized Custom P-Core balanced main power transformer.
- Optically controlled, mechanical-contacts-free devices for main power switching control.
- Delayed start for proper warm-up.
- High grade, specially selected rectifiers and passive components.
- Solid Copper wiring for power supply.
- LCD display.
- Microprocessor control memorizing last settings, including volume level for each input.
- Infrared Remote milled from solid Aluminum blocks.
- All-Aluminum enclosure with machined 10 millimeters thick front panel.
Five years warranty.
- Two S/PDIF Coaxial digital inputs with WBT RCA connectors.
- AES/EBU professional standard balanced digital input.
- Note! S/PDIF, AES/EBU and Optical accepting up to 200kHz/24bit PCM.
- USB input accepting up to 384kHz/32bit PCM, as well as DSD64 and DSD128 in DoP format.
- All PCM rates from S/PDIF, AES, Optical and USB are converted to DSD64 or DSD128, user selectable.
- DTR input accepting DSD64 and DSD128 using a proprietary connection with our digital transports.
- Single Ended RCA outputs with WBT RCA connectors.
- Output level - 2.1V RMS at 0dBFS.
- Output impedance - approximately 15 Ohms.
- IEC power inlet made by Schurter.
- 120V or 230V / 50-60Hz, factory pre-set.
- Other power input voltages available on request.
- 0.1A fuse for standby power.
- 1A special Gold fuse by AMR for main power.
- W435 x H80 x D280 millimeters.
- Front panel width - 450 millimeters.
- Height with feet - 110 millimeters.
- 8.5kg unpacked.
- Special power cable of our design.
- Infrared Remote Control.
- User Manual.
USB cable of our design.
RJ-45 cable for connecting to compatible digital transports.
Interconnect cables using DNM OFC wire with WBT RCA termination.
Reference PCC-M power cable.