Accuphase DP-900 Precision SA-CD Transport :
The SA-CD drive in the DP-900 was developed in-house by Accuphase to assure the best possible performance. Its ultra-massive design combines superior rigidity with outstanding accuracy. Compared to a CD drive, an SA-CD drive has a higher revolution rate, and pickup positioning accuracy as well as suppression of vibrations must be of a higher order, to allow full access to the enormous amount of information stored on the disc. In the transport, a digital servo with a dedicated DSP assures accurate readout of the signal recorded on the SA-CD using the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) principle. This is sustained by a single-lens/twin laser diode pickup mounted to a high-speed access mechanism. The mechanism not only realizes optimal reproduction of SA-CDs, it also is capable of extracting a super-accurate signal from conventional CDs. The output for both SA-CD and CD is provided via the Accuphase exclusive high-performance digital interface HS-LINK (RJ-45 connector). The CD output is also available via a dedicated coaxial connector.
- Dedicated digital output only SACD/CD transport with ultra-high-speed FPGA for digital processing and highly accurate signal pickup
- Ultra massive chassis construction and newly developed high-rigidity, high-precision SACD/CD drive
- Sophisticated signal processing technology assures excellent signal quality also from conventional CD media
- Single-lens/twin pickup high-speed access mechanism employs two laser diodes, one for SACD (650 nm) and one for CD (780 nm)
- Accuphase’s proprietary high-quality digital audio interface HS-LINK
- RJ-45 output (HS-LINK) for SACD and CD, and dedicated coaxial output for CD. HSLINK connection to DC-901 can carry both SA-CD and CD signals
- Power supply with two high-efficiency toroidal transformers and custom-made high quality filtering capacitors (3000uF × 10) allows separate powering of signal processing circuitry and drive section
- Display can show text data with disc title, artist information, etc.
- “High Carbon” cast iron insulator feet with superior damping characteristics ensure quiet operation of both DP-900 and DC-901, and further enhance sound quality
- Both DP-900 and DC-901 feature massive cabinets with wood finish
- Ultra-high-speed FPGA harnesses digital processing power to implement innovative MDSD reproduction with double-speed high-precision moving-average filter circuit
- Sixteen MDS type D/A converters driven in parallel. Each channel uses two Hyperstream™ DAC chips (ES9018) in parallel
- “Direct Balanced Filter” performs totally separate analog low-pass filtering for line and balanced signal paths
- “Direct Balanced Filter” provides totally separate analog low-pass filtering for balanced and unbalanced signal paths
- D/A converter printed circuit boards made from glass fluorocarbon resin with low dielectric constant and low loss
- EXTERNAL DSP input/output connectors (HS-LINK and optical) allow insertion of DG-48 in signal path
- Seven digital inputs: HS-LINK, balanced, coaxial (2), optical (2), USB
- Coaxial and optical digital outputs
- Line and balanced analog outputs. Phase selector switch for balanced output.
- Completely separate construction of digital and analog sections, each powered by a dedicated high-efficiency toroidal transformer