Acoustical Systems Palladian :
ON DEMO AT THE SHOP - Designed by the company specializing in high-end phono solutions only.
A recording captures a moment in time.
A single event.
Something that once happened in space and time.
Something that happened once live.
The fact – and sense - that most every recording contains music once created actually in something we call live is all too often missing when we play back that recording. When AS introduced the Aiwon in early winter 2014 they were amazed by its subtle detail, by its ability to recreate tiny, tantalizing details – minor details which so immensely support the emotional impact and the sense of reality in a sonic picture.
Over the next 18 months AS experimented with a few samples of the Aiwon trying to further fine tune for even more impact in performance. But it was not before AS made subtle changes in some key inherent design parameters that they entered new ground.
This was the birth of the design which then evolved in the spring of 2016 into the Palladian.
- The Palladian features a hand hammered Timet 1100 Titanium body of unequalled strength and with an unparalleled ability to transfer energy.
- In the Palladian we find a strong heart with more energy (coil windings), a body more agile with less inertia (reduced moving mass), featuring further a very special, subtle mix of small measures taken to fine tune each and every parameter of performance allowing for a sonic explosion beyond expectations and hopes.
- The hand hammered body, the quicksilverish shine like a dragon’s skin - The Palladian Timet 1100 body expresses visually its agility, vital dynamic and live-likeness. The Palladian brings that spark of live back into the sonic presentation of each and every recording. That spark of live – independent whether large or small – that was there when the performance was once captured.
- The Palladian is fast, live-like dynamic and breathtaking direct in its color, immediateness and agility. An incredible agile, dynamic dancer – a reminiscent of Misha Baryshnikov in his prime. It is subtle, tender and sublime – yet frightening dynamic, with a sonic punch both wall-shaking and stunning physical in its impact.
- The Palladian is.. live ….. in the very best sense and in the true spirit of the music.
- And with the Palladian the true spirit of the music is there.