APL Hi-Fi DSD-MR SE:
APL Hi-Fi is a High(er) End boutique hand-made Hi-Fi company based in Ruse, Bulgaria who’s history goes back as far as 1998. So one thing is for sure, these guys are absolutely no newcomers in the Hi-Fi world and really know their game.
Alex has 25 years of audio component design experience, plus a 7 year engineering experience with Sony electronics, inc. In their Broadcast and Professional division.
Previous works include, Tape Decks, Solid State Amplifiers, Tube Amplifiers, Hybrid Amplifiers, Pre-Amplifiers, Equalizers, DACs, ADCs, Phonostages, Microphone Amplifiers, CD/SACD and Universal Digitals Players, Power Supplies, Loudspeakers, Signal and Power Cables.
For example: the APL Hi-Fi High Resolution CD-SACD digital player re-design, based on Philips SACD1000, using their proprietary digital modules and tube analogue output stage, won “Most Wanted Component 2004” award by Stereotimes online audiophile magazine.
NWO series of Universal Digital Players, based on Esoteric UX-1 and X-01 machines, introduced in 2006, are recognized worldwide as state-of-the art designs.
But enough of this referencing and award winning enumeration, you’ll find more on their website by yourselves. And if you still want more, you can even consult the APL dedicated forum which covers almost any topic, from general information, to very specific product info to suit your needs.
The DSD-MR is based on a modular design, allowing a cost-effective future upgradability of any internal stage.
I take place in the Charles Eames Lounge chair to prepare myself for what’s about to come.
- Proprietary asynchronous USB input module accepting PCM from 44.1kHz/16bit up to 384kHz/32 bit, as well as DSD64 and DSD128.
- Proprietary PCM to DSD converter module with DSD128 and DSD256 capabilities, user selectable from the remote control.
- Proprietary 64 bit User Selectable Digital Filters for PCM processing - Slow, Normal and Zero/Non-oversampling.
- Proprietary Pure DSD Digital to Analog conversion module. No off-the-shelf devices.
- Ultra-low-jitter Femto Master Clocks.
- Proprietary 10 pin RJ-45 input for connecting our DTR-MR transport.
- Custom Lundahl output transformers with Oxygen Free Copper windings.
- Pure Class-A, Differential tube stage featuring the vintage E182CC tubes.
- Entirely passive current to voltage conversion and DSD analog filtering.
- Zero Negative Feedback.
- Non-magnetic resistors.
- No capacitors on the signal path.
- No Op Amps.
- No mechanical contacts on the signal path.
- Solid core Oxygen Free Copper internal wiring.
- Oversized Custom P-Core balanced main power transformer.
- Optically controlled, mechanical-contacts-free devices for main power switching control.
- Delayed High-Voltage supply, after tubes warm-up, for increased tubes life.
- High quality Lundahl choke for tube power supply.
- High grade, specially selected rectifiers and passive components.
- Large FLD display.
- Microprocessor control with last settings memory.
- Infrared Remote milled from solid Aluminum blocks.
- All-Aluminum enclosure with machined 20 millimeters thick front panel.
Five years warranty. One year for the tubes.
- Two S/PDIF Coaxial digital inputs with WBT NextGen true 75 Ohms Gold plated RCA connectors.
- AES/EBU professional standard balanced digital input with Gold plated Neutrik connector.
- Note! S/PDIF and AES/EBU accepting up to 192kHz/24bit PCM.
- TOSLINK Optical digital input.
- USB input accepting PCM from 44.1kHz to 384kHz as well as DSD64 and DSD128 in DoP format.
- Note! All PCM rates from S/PDIF, AES/EBU, Optical and USB inputs are converted to DSD128 or DSD256, user selectable.
- DTR input uses proprietary encrypted DSD, as well as PCM via balanced LVDS transmission, similar to I2S.
- Single Ended RCA outputs with top-line Furutech Rhodium plated RCA connectors.
- Balanced XLR outputs with top-line Furutech Rhodium plated connectors.
- Note! RCA and XLR outputs can not be used simultaneously.
- Output level - 2.3V RMS at 0dBFS.
- Output impedance - approximately 20 Ohms.
- IEC power inlet made by Furutech NCF series.
- 115V or 230V / 50-60Hz, factory pre-set.
- Other power input voltages available on request.
- 1A fuse for standby power supply.
- 2A special Gold fuse by AMR for main power supply.
- W450 x H120 x D380 millimeters.
- Height with feet included - 140 millimeters.
- Weight - 24.5kg unpacked.
- Special power cable of our design.
- Infrared Remote Control capable of controlling DTR-MR, DSD-MR and HAS-MR.
- User Manual.